Cross-Domain Application Synchronisation
Through a patented concept called ‘Application Synchronisation’, TurbineSync supports a range of use cases in the commercial and government data environments.
TurbineSync consists of low and high side components separated by a high assurance data-diode (unidirectional optical device). TurbineSync uses a novel algorithm to provide a pseudo-synchronous exchange of information one way through the diode. Applications on the receiving side of TurbineSync believe that are connected across the diode and interact as though they have a bidirectional link.
TurbineSync has been used in the following use cases:
• Cross-Domain NMS. With the use of TurbineSync, a government department was able to monitor its entire network including the unclassified infrastructure and multiple security domains using a single NMS system.
• Video Streaming. TurbineSync allowed another organisation to capture live video feeds from unclassified sources and pass them into a classified domain in real time.
• GIS and database Publishing. Large GIS files and databases can be synchronised through TurbineSync for use with applications without having to interact with the sensitive and protected production facility.
• SharePoint Replication. TurbineSync provides a mechanism for synchronising full fidelity SharePoint sites across security domains.
• Web Site Synchronisation. TurbineSync is able to replicate website content through the diode to allow users in a protected or isolated domain to view information from the Internet not normally available in that domain.
TurbineSync consists of a pair of security matched hardware and software instances that connect either side of a data diode. Turbine is data diode agnostic.
END USER CERTIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THIS PRODUCT.
AVI manufactures TurbineSync under license.
AVI is the sole distributor within Australasia.